Tutorial - How to stream
Choose your plan and sign up. If you are not sure, sign up for the free plan, test it and upgrade at a later time. All your configuration will remain in your account.
What you need
- any video camera, webcam or IP camera which you can plug to your computer.
- stable internet connection - wifi not recommended; at least 700 Kbps upload.
- notebook or PC with software encoder installed.
- You will need an encoder. Camcada accepts any compatible stream encoder but if you don't have one we recommend that you download Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.
- Download our config file and open it in the encoder.
- To start streaming press the “start” button in the encoder. Now you are streaming and you can test that everything works exactly how you need before your event starts.
Showing your video to participants
- If you want to have your video on your website, you need to copy the HTML code from your admin interface to embed the video into your site.
- The other option is to display the video on your customized page on camcada.com. You can edit this page in page editor.
Start your event
- When you are ready, push the “start” button in your admin. At this moment you start to stream and we start to charge minutes which will be billed at a later time.
Try to stream for free!
- You will only be charged for the minutes of your event. We have two paid plans - $3.95 and $14.95 per hour - each of which includes different features you might want to use.
- When you order paid plan you will be charged for one hour of streaming. Then you will automatically be charged each week for the actual number of hours you stream.